The twins and I learned a great deal in the fall of 2013. We learned that we could in fact be successful at homeschooling high school. We figured out how to navigate the world of online classes, and the twins learned that they enjoy them. We learned that high school could be fun and not as stressful as we had anticipated. Overall it has been a very positive experience for all three of us.
As I look to 2014 I am very relaxed and looking forward to all that it has in store for us. I have no worries about finishing up ninth grade, and I am excited about tenth. I am excited to work out a schedule with the twins, excited to see them develop their passions even further, excited to be another year closer to graduation, and excited to get to know the young adults that they are turning into.
I do have specific goals for the coming year that I want to share (somehow sharing makes me more accountable).
1. I need to find a math tutor to work with Tru. I am thinking a student from the nearby university would be perfect, as we need someone to take Tru through a very high level of math over the next three years.
2. I need to find someone to work with Autry on advanced music theory.
3. I want to enroll the kids in two AP classes next year and I hope to do this through Pennsylvania Homeschoolers. I am happy that they allow for monthly payments because homeschooling two kids in high school can get very expensive quickly.
4. I want to make sure the twins are staying on track with their high school writing because I feel this is essential for being prepared for college.
5. Finally I want to get the twins to museums and concerts more than I am now. We do go and experience some events, but I would like them to have time to go even more frequently.
I am looking forward to a smooth year with the twins, and I can’t wait to see where we are by this time next year. Happy New Year everyone!
This post is part of the January 2014 Let’s Homeschool High School Blog Hop.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…